Application is currently ongoing for a Postdoc Position in Food Sustainability at the Faculty of Science, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
This postdoc project has ample opportunity for developing innovative and experimental research on sustainable food production and consumption; the aim here is co-development with among others the project’s pilot cities. He/she also will contribute to the teaching activities that match the expertise of the Postdoc (around 0.25 FTE). Among others, this means teaching in a course on Food Sustainability Governance in IVM’s Environment and Resource Management MSc programme, and supervision of BSc and MSc student projects. We strongly support the integration of research and teaching, and connecting students to the CITIES2030 project, so the two main tasks are highly complementary. Other tasks (0.1 FTE) involve limited administrative duties in support of the strong teaching and research base at IVM and supervision of PhD students where relevant. Also, the candidate may be asked to contribute to writing research proposals for Netherlands and EU research calls on food-related topics.
Duration: 4 years
- coordinate and teach in the MSc programme ‘Environment and Resource Management’ and other programmes
- co-lead work package on ‘cities’ empowerment and synergies’ in CITIES2030 EU project (co-creating resilient and sustainable food systems towards FOOD2030)
- PhD, MSc and BSc thesis supervision
- develop innovative research within the CITIES2030 project, and publish research outcomes in international peer-reviewed journals and policy-oriented journals.
- a minimum of € 3,619 and a maximum of € 4,012 gross pay per month
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- PhD in environmental economics or policy/governance, or a related field
- research interest in one or more of the following themes/methods: food science and sustainability, experimental and behavioural economics, food governance, the economics of ecosystem services and biodiversity
- the candidate should have knowledge of and experience with academic teaching
- have strong (quantitative) methodological skills, and have excellent organisational qualities
Interested applicants should send the following documents along with their application
- curriculum vitae and
- a cover letter.
To apply, click here
Application Deadline: January 8, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site.