The department of Imaging Physics, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) invites applications for the PostDoc Position for Optical Diffraction Tomography for Tumor Histology.
This project is in the field of optical diffraction tomography for high-resolution imaging of optically cleared tissue biopsies. Based on an existing setup, the post-doc will perform proof of principle experiments that show the potential of optical diffraction tomography for 3D digital imaging of large volume tissue resections. The research will involve work on the biochemistry of optical clearing, the development of high-speed optical imaging, and the accurate tomographic reconstruction of the 3D structure.
The research will be performed at the Department of Imaging Physics at the faculty of Applied Sciences of the Delft University of Technology, in the general context of tomographic and microscopic imaging, under the supervision of dr. Jeroen Kalkman. The project is part of the Cancer Diagnostics 3.0 program and is carried out in collaboration with the Leiden University Medical Center and the Erasmus Medical Center.
- The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package,
- A discount on health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution.
- Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice and relocation to assistance.
- An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and there is an international primary school.
The position PostDoc Position for Optical Diffraction Tomography for Tumor Histology seeks candidates with:
- A PhD in a relevant field.
- A strong ‘engineering spirit’.
- She/he has a demonstrable interest in optical imaging, computed tomography, and/or optical instrument design.
- Nevertheless, the position recommend excellent analytical skills and a mindset towards cooperation with clinicians and towards application of the technology.
To apply for this position, fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- Letter of motivation
- Detailed CV with publication list
- Result grades
- A summary of his/her PhD thesis and list of publications (if any)
To apply for the PostDoc Position for Optical Diffraction Tomography for Tumor Histology, click here.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2022.
For more information on the PostDoc Position for Optical Diffraction Tomography for Tumor Histology, visit the official site.