Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) is looking for candidates that are aiming at faculty positions or research labs and would like to take the Postdoc position as a means to strengthen their publishing, technical and advising skills.
For almost a century, radiofrequency has monopolized wireless communication and more recently sensing. But it’s time for light to make a comeback. The light was the first means to achieve long-range communication (eg fire towers and mirrors) and with recent advances in smart materials and optics, we want it to be a pervasive means to communicate and sense in future smart cities.
A few of the exciting projects that they are currently working on are to:
- Provide navigation services to drones only with light bulbs, without using cameras, GPS or radios of any type,
- Transform lights into Internet of Thing devices for human-computer interaction, any LED can be converted into a wireless transmitter without disrupting its main purpose for illumination,
- Exploit sunlight for wireless communication.
- The Job offer Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- A customizable compensation package,
- A discount on health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution.
- Relocation Service and Partner Career Advice service are given to assist international applicants.
- An International Children’s Center offers childcare and international primary school.
Qualified candidates are to meet the following requirements:
- A PhD degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a closely related field.
- Have a strong background in embedded systems.
- analytical and programming skills, as well as eagerness to perform experimental work and to advise Master and PhD students.
- excellent writing skills and a team player personality.
- Prior knowledge on Visible Light Communication is a plus but not required.
The application should include the following attachments:
- Detailed CV highlighting competitive academic performance.
- The CV should include the name and contact information of at least two referees.
- Optional: Motivation letter (maximum 1 page).
To apply, click here
Application Deadline: November 31, 2021.
For more information, visit Delft University’s official site.