The Faculty of Science, University of Amsterdam (UvA), is seeking a Postdoctoral candidate interested in interdisciplinary research and likes technological advances in organic synthesis, (HAT Photocatalysis).
The Van’t Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences (HIMS) is one of eight institutes of the University of Amsterdam (UvA) Faculty of Science. HIMS performs internationally recognized chemistry and molecular research, curiosity-driven as well as application-driven. This is done in close cooperation with the chemical, flavor & food, medical and high-tech industries. Research is organized into four themes:
- Synthesis & Catalysis,
- Analytical Chemistry,
- Computational Chemistry and
- Molecular Photonics.
Successful applicants will perform the following task:
to be active in HAT photocatalysis and its translation to continuous processes of our Flow Chemistry group, publishing in high-level international journals, presenting at leading conferences and supervising PhD students, and to be aiding in the attraction of external funding.
A salary range of €2,790 to €4,402 (scale 10) gross per month
To eligible for this position, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- A PhD in chemistry;
- strong scientific expertise in synthetic organic chemistry;
- demonstrated experience in photocatalysis;
- the ability and willingness to work in an interdisciplinary team;
- a strong desire to work with the newest technologies, e.g. flow chemistry or automation technology;
- to be open to collaborations with other institutes and/or companies by presenting your work to these collaborators and to transfer the technology to the company.
- show leadership and are able to manage a small research team.
While applying for this position, applicants are to mention the months (not just years) in their CV when referring to their education and work experience.
Applications in .pdf should include
- CV, including a list of publications and
- a motivation letter.
To apply, click here
Application Deadline: December 31, 2020
For more information, visit the official site.