The faculty of veterinary medicine, department of clinical science, Utrecht University is calling for applications for a Postdoctoral Position in the Orthopaedics Research Group of Prof. dr. M.A. Tryfonidou.
For the NWO Vici project “NC-CHOICE”, we are looking for a motivated post-doctoral candidate. The project will focus on the development of an RNA-based cell-free nanomedicine to treat lower back pain. Back pain due to disc degeneration is a chronic disease that substantially affects daily life. The NC-CHOICE project exploits the biology of notochordal cells, cells that instruct disc development, by studying the signalling molecules through proteomics & RNAseq.
The candidate will work within an interdisciplinary team in order to contribute to the aforementioned overall aim of the NC-CHOICE project. Readily identified mRNA targets that stimulate two rejuvenating signalling pathways will be delivered with nanoparticle technology and studied at the cellular and tissue level. In particular, the candidate will work with integrating analysis proteomics and RNAseq on extracellular vesicles of notochordal cells to identify and select additional targets to further enhance the rejuvenating effects.
- A starting salary in the range of €2,960 and €4,670 gross per month depending on qualifications and experience.
- Each year the school supplements the salary with a holiday allowance of 8% and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave, and flexible employment conditions
Applicants for the Postdoc Position in Orthopaedics Research should have the following qualifications:
- The candidate should have a Master’s degree in either life sciences (e.g., biomedical sciences, technical medicine, the biology of disease),
- human medicine or veterinary science with academic excellence in research, demonstrated by an outstanding PhD thesis.
- Skills in “omics” approaches, and prior experience in RNA or lipid nanoparticle delivery is preferred.
- Biomolecular and biochemical analysis and cell/tissue culture skills are prerequisites.
- Knowledge of Dutch and willingness to work with experimental laboratory animals and cadaveric materials are highly desirable, as is previous experience in student supervision.
- The ideal applicant is highly motivated to pursue an academic carrier, creative, excels in a multidisciplinary team, and as well have
- Excellent English in written and oral communication skills.
Interested applicants can apply for the Postdoc Position in the Orthopaedics Research Group of Prof. dr. M.A. Tryfonidou and ensure that they attach the following:
- a CV with full
- a letter of motivation
To apply, click here
Application Deadline: August 25, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.