The University of Twente calls for application for the position of a Postdoctoral Researcher in “Microfluidic micronozzle for chiral mass spectrometry” in the Netherlands.
In a public-private consortium, funded by the European Fund for Regional Development (EFRO/OP-Oost, NL) the University of Twente is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher to perform research on a microfluidic de Laval nozzle as an interface between a micro gas chromatograph and a chiral mass spectrometer. Together these components will establish a unique and innovative GC-MS analysis system, with which the enantiomeric R / S composition of chiral molecules can be quickly and accurately analyzed. The postdoc will focus on the design and geometrical and functional analysis of a microfluidic de Laval nozzle, based on silicon/glass micromachining technology. A particular task of the postdoc is the interfacing and potential integration of the nozzle with the GC and/or mass spectrometer.
Duration: 2 years
- A gross salary of € 3.353 to € 4.402 per month depending on experience and qualifications.
- Holiday allowance and a year-end bonus
- A solid pension scheme, and
- Numerous professional and personal development programs.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- The candidate should have a Ph.D. degree with a solid background in (applied) physics, mechanical engineering, or similar, with proven expertise in fluid dynamics and a strong interest in working on the development of microfluidic components for gas flow applications.
- The candidate should be prepared to work in close collaboration with academic groups and industrial partners which are situated at different locations in the east part of the Netherlands.
- He/she should be able to design and analyze (both theoretically as well as experimentally) dedicated microfluidic gas expansion nozzles for the novel micro GC-chiral MS system
- have an excellent command of the English language as well as professional communication and presentation skills.
Interested applicants should send the following documents along with their application:
- curriculum vitae,
- a brief motivation letter,
- contact details of references,
- transcripts of BSc and MSc degrees, and other relevant material if applicable (e.g. TOEFL or IELTS score, published articles).
To apply, click here
Application Deadline: January 15, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site.