The Wageningen University & Research invites applications for a Postdoctoral researcher in Multi-modal UAV based-sensing for agricultural monitoring.
The post-doctoral researcher will develop novel UAV based-sensing approaches by combining different sensing techniques and analysis methods to support agricultural monitoring of disease impact and crop growth patterns.
The context of the work is to contribute to innovative solutions of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) to provide timely and data-driven information to growers to support their management activities. This research should identify how the combination of UAV-based sensing approaches (hyperspectral, thermal, lidar, RGB/photogrammetry, SIF) can quantify relevant traits and growth processes of individual plants to understand their functioning in an agricultural field.
Wageningen seeks a highly qualified researcher with good capability of designing and executing field experiments evaluating the potential of multi-modal UAV-based-sensing systems and being able to work independently as well as in multi-disciplinary teams. Experience with the development of innovative data analysis methods (semantic segmentation, machine learning regression methods) as well as implementing these in a structured manner in a data-processing chain is essential.
Wageningen University & Research offers excellent terms of employment such as
- a competitive salary of between €2.790, and €4.402, for a full-time working week of 38 hours;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and paid parental leave;
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional holiday hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent pension scheme.
- Ph.D. in Geo-information Science, Remote Sensing, Plant Science or a related field;
- Experience in processing and analysis of remote sensing data and the development of relevant (Machine Learning) methods;
- Experience in Python and/or R;
- Strong scientific writing skills and publishing capacity as proven by a track record;
- Interest to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary research team;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
For detailed information on how to apply, click here.
Application Deadline: February 19, 2021.
For more information visit the official site.