The Faculty Mechanical, Maritime, and Materials Engineering, TU Delft calls for applications to the above-mentioned postdoc position (Deep Learning for Human-Robot Interaction).
This project will focus on various aspects of human-robot interaction leveraging deep learning methods. Robots can learn to interact with humans but also from interactions with humans. In both cases understanding human behavior is crucial. Human state and intentions are very ambiguous and uncertain, fusing information from multiple sensing and input modalities might allow the robot to disambiguate.
The aim of OpenDR is to develop a modular, open, and non-proprietary deep-learning toolkit for robotics. A set of software functions, packages, and utilities to help roboticists develop and test robotic applications that incorporate deep learning will be provided.
Starting date: April 2022.
Duration: This postdoc position has a fixed-term contract of 18 months
The position Deep Learning for Human-Robot Interaction offers:
- a monthly salary of € 3.491 – € 4.402
- salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities
- a customisable compensation package,
- discount on health insurance and sport memberships, and
- a monthly work costs contribution.
The candidate should meet the following requirements:
- a PhD degree in systems and control, robotics, applied mathematics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, or a related subject.
- have strong analytical skills and must be able to work at the intersection of several research domains.
- have demonstrated ability to conduct high-quality research according to international standards, as demonstrated by publications in international, high-quality journals.
- a very good command of the English language is required, as well as excellent communication skills.
- experience with real robot applications, bi-manual robots, interactive learning, and/or user studies is a plus.
Interested applicants should send the following documents for the application:
- A detailed CV, including a list of publications
- Letter of motivation explaining why they are the right candidate for this project,
- Electronic copies of top three publications,
- A summary of PhD thesis,
- Names and contact addresses of two or three references, and
- Any other information relevant to the application.
To apply for this position, click here.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2021
For more information on Human-Robot interaction, visit the official site.