A postdoctoral candidate is needed to focus on the development of innovative machine learning algorithms at the intersection of mathematical imaging, inverse problems, and medical image processing.
The research will be conducted in the Mathematics of Imaging & AI group of the Department of Applied Mathematics of the University of Twente. They are a growing research group at the intersection of inverse problems, geometric deep learning, and physics-informed machine learning with applications in medical imaging. They closely work with collaborators in hospitals and industry and are strongly involved in activities around AI in our university’s Technical Medical Center (TechMed) and Digital Society Institute (DSI).
Potential research topics include learned image reconstruction, geometric deep learning, physics-informed neural networks, and implicit neural representations for 4D imaging.
This position is part of a national 4TU program on Precision Medicine that includes four technical universities and several academic hospitals. As such, candidates are to collaborate with physicians and physicists on the combination of model-driven and data-driven approaches for image formation and analysis in a range of imaging modalities, including MRI, CT, and ultrasound.
Duration: 1 year
For this position the candidate will:
- Develop and apply methods for generating simulated data to develop and optimize data analysis protocols.
- Improve our custom deep learning pipeline for processing imaging data.
- Develop and apply data fusion techniques to available, heterogeneous datasets.
- Actively participate in multidisciplinary scientific meetings.
The Postdoc Position on Deep Learning for Inverse Problems In Medical Imaging offers
- Gross salary between € 3.420,- and €4.490,- per month depending on experience and qualifications;
- Excellent benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, a year-end bonus of 8.3%, and a solid pension scheme;
- Between 29 and 41 leave days in case of full-time employment;
- Excellent support for research and facilities for professional and personal development.
- They encourage a high degree of responsibility and independence while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers, and other university staff.
- They are also a family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid) and career support for partners.
- They seek an enthusiastic postdoctoral researcher with an interest in machine learning and medical imaging.
- The ideal candidate has a Ph.D. in applied mathematics, computer science, or a related field.
- He/she has a strong publication record in international conferences and journals relating to machine learning, medical image analysis or mathematical imaging, and inverse problems.
- Have programming experience in libraries such as TensorFlow/PyTorch/JAX.
Interested applicants can apply and ensure that they attach the following:
- a detailed CV including a list of publications;
- an application/motivation letter, emphasizing their specific interest, qualifications, and motivation to apply for this position.
To apply for the Postdoc Position on Deep Learning for Inverse Problems In Medical Imaging, click here.
Application Deadline: July 01, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.