Applications are currently welcome for a Postdoc Position on the Development of an Optics- and Microfluidics-Based Single-Cell for Microbiome Research.
As postdoctoral researchers at UNLOCK, candidates will work on building a Raman-assisted single-cell platform for the characterization and development of previously uncultured microorganisms. Their actions will be integrated into the Biodiscovery platform, which enables users to find and characterize new microbes. The school is seeking submissions for a 2-year postdoctoral position with the option of extending it by one year. This demanding and interdisciplinary post is at the intersection of advanced optical system engineering for single-cell imaging, microfluidics, and microbiology.
The tasks for this position include:
- implement single-cell-based systems for the discovery and characterization of novel microorganisms;
- operate in an interdisciplinary team of microbiologists, physicists, chemists, and engineers;
- provide expertise and support to internal and external groups that are using the UNLOCK facilities;
- participate in our educational activities.
- a competitive gross salary of between €2790,- and €4402,- for a full-time working week of 38 hours;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and paid parental leave;
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional holiday hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent pension scheme.
As a PostDoc, he/she is an ambitious, enthusiastic, and creative scientist and a team player, devoted to research and education. The candidate must also have
- a PhD degree in engineering, (bio-) physics, microbiology, chemistry, or related subject;
- a proven track record of setting up scientific instrumentation (e.g., microscopy/spectroscopy, microfluidics, single-cell analysis);
- proven programming skills for data acquisition and data analysis (e.g., in Python, Matlab, Java);
- basic knowledge and interest in microbial ecology and molecular biology;
- a talent to inspire PhD students and other researchers;
- ability in acquisition and proposal writing for getting research funding;
- excellent communication and organization skills;
- didactic qualities and enthusiasm for teaching and working with students.
Interested applicants can apply and ensure that they attach the following:
- curriculum vitae and
- cover letter
To apply, click here
Application Deadline: July 30, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.