The Institute for Environmental Studies (IVM) has a new position for a postdoctoral (PD) researcher in the field of environmental economics (Postdoc Position on Economic Values of Nature-Based Solutions for Climate Change Risk).
The PD will become part of a new 4-year interdisciplinary research program (ARCADIA) funded by Horizon Europe, which aims to develop change pathways to increase the climate resilience of EU regions using nature-based solutions.
The main tasks, together with the PhD candidate and regional partners, are to develop a survey and a choice experiment in five EU regions to elicit economic values and preferences for nature-based solutions among various stakeholder groups (with a focus on citizens and businesses) and analyze the survey and choice experiment data, with a focus on testing economic and behavioral theories and/or assessing key methodological issues concerning conducting choice experimentation and choice modeling
- publish research results in international peer-reviewed journals and policy-oriented journals
- teach in Bachelor and/or Master’s educational programmes and supervise Bachelor and Master students
- contribute to project tasks, milestones, and deliverables, and contribute to project management, meetings and activities (e.g., workshop organisation)
Duration: The employment contract is for 4 years.
The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel and amounts to €3,720 per month to €4,494 per month, depending on experience and expertise.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work-life balance, such as:
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
The Postdoc Position on Economic Values of Nature-Based Solutions for Climate Change Risk seeks applicants with:
- a PhD in environmental economics or a related social science discipline
- quantitative analytical skills
- good communication skills in English and one other European language
- some experience in teaching and MSc/BSc supervision
- management skills are an asset
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
To apply for the Postdoc Position on Economic Values of Nature-Based Solutions for Climate Change Risk, click here.
Deadline: November 01, 2023.
For more information on, Postdoc Position on Economic Values of Nature-Based Solutions for Climate Change Risk, visit the official site.