Applications are welcome for the Postdoc position on Epigenetic Reprogramming at Wageningen University in the Netherlands.
Wageningen University & Research aims to design rules on how the expression of genes containing TE insertions can be modified by epigenetic editing. As a Postdoc of the Epi-Guide-Edit consortium, the applicant will develop epigenetic editing tools and understand the consequences of editing in tomato protoplast cells (WP1) and later (WP2) in whole tomato plants. You will primarily target DNA methylation in genomic areas containing Transposable Elements (TEs) located in or near genes. The effect of targeted hypo- or hyper-methylation of these TEs on chromatin organization, TE transcription, mobilization, and gene expression will be studied.
Duration 4 years
The postdoc position on Epigenetic Reprogramming at Wageningen University offers:
- a competitive gross salary of between € 2.960,- and € 4.670;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional compensation/holiday hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and candidates can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent pension scheme.
The postdoc position on Epigenetic Reprogramming at Wageningen University seeks candidates with:
- A PhD in Cell, Molecular Biology, Life Sciences, and Genetics.
- Passion for epigenetics, genome organization, and gene regulation
- Demonstrated skills in data analysis, bioinformatics, and computational analysis.
- Practical skills in whole-genome -omics approaches, epigenetic mark profiling, and CRISPR technology.
- Affinity with plant-related research, preferably experiences with tomatoes.
- A good command English Language.
To apply for the Postdoc position on Epigenetic Reprogramming at Wageningen University, click here
Deadline: December 05, 2022.
For more information Postdoc position on Epigenetic Reprogramming at Wageningen University, visit the official site.