The Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics & Computer Science invites applications for a Postdoc position on a Low-power embedded smart multi-sensor platform at Delft University of Technology (TU Delft).
Future autonomous always-on smart Edge-IoT nodes must be able to sense a wide variety of stimuli from their environment, interpret the data, and trigger appropriate responses while surviving on a minimal energy budget. Connecting ever more discrete sensors to a microcontroller-based read-out circuit on a PCB is not sustainable in the long term, because it increases complexity, size, power consumption, and the bill of materials of the system. Instead, we need a generic scalable, integrated, manufacturable, and cost-effective approach for simultaneously sensing a multitude of parameters like humidity, gases, odors, motion, air pressure, and infrared light.
The main task will be to realize this paradigm-shifting multi-sensing concept. This work is highly multi-disciplinary, including
- Integrating transduction materials on test chips currently under development using additive manufacturing
- Developing algorithms for calibrating and interpreting the sensor signals
- Building, testing and demonstrating convincing prototypes
- Collaborating with other academic and industrial researchers
- Publishing results in high-impact journals.
- A gross monthly salary within the range of € 2.836,00 – € 4.474,00
- A pension scheme and partially paid parental leave.
- Family-friendly initiatives such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
Application to the Low-power Embedded Smart Multi-Sensor Platform postdoc position requires the following:
- PhD degree in Electronics or Physics.
- Team player with strong competences in electronics, microfabrication, material science, and system integration.
- Experience with signal processing and machine learning is preferred.
- Good communication skills are mandatory.
The application should include:
- A detailed CV
- A letter of motivation.
- Contact information for 2 references.
- A (draft) version of applicants PhD thesis
- A list of his/her publications
To apply for the Postdoc position on the Low-power Embedded Smart Multi-Sensor Platform, click here.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2021
For more information about the Postdoc position on the Low-power Embedded Smart Multi-Sensor Platform, visit the official site.