The Electronic Systems (ES) group within the Department of Electrical Engineering of Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is seeking to hire an outstanding Postdoc candidate for the Horizon Europe project PHASTRAC (Neuromorphic Computing with Oscillatory Neural Networks).
The Postdoc will explore analog ONN neuromorphic computing paradigm with novel devices based on VO2 (oscillators) and MO/HfO2 (synaptic interconnections) materials. The focus is to develop circuit to architecture-level modules to design the mechanism for updating the non-volatile interconnection network depending on the transient state of the network. The overall objective is to implement learning functions in analog weights and realizable by MO/HfO2 devices. Various coupling schemes will be implemented and investigated with respect to the various learning rules and problems to be solved. Different problems will require different coupling schemes and learning rules; thus, the goal is to thoroughly assess the analog ONN requirements, learning mechanisms, and its design implementation
Duration: Full-time employment for one year.
The Postdoc Position on Neuromorphic Computing with Oscillatory Neural Networks offer:
- A year-end bonus of 8.3% and annual vacation pay of 8%.
- An excellent technical infrastructure, on-campus children’s daycare, and sports facilities.
- Partially paid parental leave and an allowance for commuting, working from home, and internet costs.
- A personal development program aimed to develop candidates’ social and communication skills
- High-quality training programs on general skills, didactics, and topics related to research and valorization.
- Salary in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, scale 10.
The department is looking for excellent, teamwork-oriented, and research-driven candidates with a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or AI-related topic and strong hardware/software design skills.
The application for the Postdoc Position on Neuromorphic Computing with Oscillatory Neural Networks should include:
- Cover letter in which candidates describe their personal motivation and qualifications specifically for the position.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Transcript of master’s and bachelor’s degrees.
- Copies of their final MSc thesis, including English abstracts, and (if applicable) published papers (PDF files).
- Submit at least one document written in English of which they are the main author.
- Results of their IELTS or TOEFL test (or equivalent).
- And the contact information of two academic referees.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2022.
For more information on the Postdoc Position on Neuromorphic Computing with Oscillatory Neural Networks, visit the official site.