For a theoretical study on CAT2, the department of Mathematics and Computer Science at TU Eindhoven has PhD and postdoctoral positions available on Quantum Protocols.
The focus of the study will be on
- theory related to the QKD testbed under development in Eindhoven.
- quantum cryptography beyond QKD, e.g. key recycling, unclonable encryption, unclonable credentials, quantum PUFs etc.
The Catalyst-2 (CAT2) subproject concentrates on the development of quantum key distribution and “Quantum Internet” applications.
Duration: A full-time employment for 3 years.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the possibility to present your work at international conferences.
- Free access to high-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
The Postdoc Position on Quantum Protocols is looking for candidates with
- A PhD in cryptography, theoretical physics, or mathematics, and preferably a background in quantum cryptography or post-quantum cryptography.
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated for instance by a relevant PhD thesis and/or publication(s).
- Ability to teach, shown by experience or assistance in teaching and positive evaluations of these teaching efforts.
- Excellent mastering of the English language, good communication and leadership skills. Note that there is no Dutch language requirement.
- Be a team player and able to work in a dynamic, interdisciplinary context.
Interested applicants are welcome to apply. However, the application should include a:
- Cover letter describing their motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of their publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected ‘best publications’.
To apply for a Postdoc Position on Quantum Protocols, click here.
Application Deadline: March 10, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.