Faculty of Science & Technology, University of Twente is inviting applications for the Postdoc Position on Rock Dissolution For CO2 Mineralization in the Netherlands.
The physical chemistry of reaction-diffusion processes for aqueous electrolytes in contact with mineral surfaces underlies various dissolution/precipitation reactions in nature and technology. A prominent example is the dissolution of olivine leading to the precipitation of magnesite. To better understand and eventually control these processes, we are setting up a research program to elucidate the complexity arising from the coupling of bulk and interfacial reactions. The University of Twente is looking for a postdoc who wants to contribute to this program by designing and executing experiments (optical visualization and spectroscopies: Raman, IR, fluorescence; AFM; microfluidics) and/or by (numerically) modeling coupled chemical speciation and transport problems. Physical and chemical intuition will be essential to identify the dominant processes.
Duration: The position is for 2 years
- The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in a stimulating scientific environment.
- a gross monthly salary between € 3.557,- to a maximum of € 4.670-, depending on experience.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- The number of holiday hours for full-time employment is 232 hours per calendar year.
In addition, the Postdoc Position on Rock Dissolution for CO2 Mineralization offer:
- A multi-disciplinary team
- State-of-the-art equipment
- A green campus working environment
- Possibility to visit (national/international) conferences
The school is looking for a researcher with:
- Excellent academic skills.
- A PhD degree in physical chemistry or chemical engineering.
- Experience with numerical modeling or microfluidic microscopy is considered advantageous.
- Good proficiency in English.
Interested applicants for the Postdoc Position on Rock Dissolution for CO2 Mineralization should provide:
- A tailored motivational letter (max. 1 page)
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Names of persons to contact for references
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: December 01, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.