Applications are currently welcome for the Postdoc Position on Scaling up Biodiversity-Positive Food Systems at Wageningen University & Research in the Netherlands.
A range of initiatives and innovations in food systems are being developed, and increasing by the day, to address the interlinked crises of biodiversity loss, climate change, and food security. However, these initiatives largely remain theoretical, contested, and/or niche.
The selected candidate will be situated in a group of researchers under the investment theme “biodiversity-positive food systems” of Wageningen University & Research. The candidate will have a leading role in understanding the many barriers and enablers to scale up and accelerate promising sustainable production initiatives. They will evaluate the potential multi-scalar outcomes this could have on biodiversity, food, and other societal goals, such as climate change, livelihoods, or good quality of life. The work will be grounded in two case studies and contrasting internationalized value chains of the dairy sector in the Netherlands and the cacao value chain.
Starting Date: September 01, 2022.
- a gross salary of between €3.282,- and €4.490,- for a full-time working week of 38 hours;
- the option to accrue additional compensation/holiday hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent pension scheme.
They seek candidates with
- a PhD in economics, environmental economics, agricultural economics, or a similar field;
- interest in understanding how to shift the food system towards biodiversity-positive production and consumption;
- the desire to explore the interventions that can trigger a transformation of the food system and the mechanisms through which those operate;
- experience in both quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- a team spirit, who can communicate clearly and comfortably with scientists, consultants, and policymakers;
- interest in biodiversity; cacao and dairy value chains; the financial sector;
- good command of the English language.
- interest and demonstrable skill in publishing in renowned scientific journals.
Interested applicants can apply and ensure that they attach the following:
- curriculum vitae and
- cover letter
To apply, click here
Application Deadline: July 04, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.