The Faculty of Science and Technology, at the University of Twente, seeks applicants for the Postdoc Position on synthesis and characterization of Cobalt Carbide Supported on Proton-Conducting ceramic Catalysts for Direct Electrochemical Conversion of CO2 to CH4.
This position is aimed at synthesizing and characterization of cobalt carbide nanoparticles on porous Ni-BCZY support provided by EIFER, as well as testing activity and stability of the catalyst for CO2 methanation under typical operating conditions of a proton-conducting ceramic electrolysis cell.
The knowledge gained from these tasks at UT will then be brought to EIFER where the candidate will participate in the fabrication and performance characterization of the complete integrated methanation-proton ceramic electrolysis cell to evaluate metrics such as CO2 conversion, CH4 selectivity, faradaic cell efficiency, and overall power-to-methane efficiency.
Primary Location: Drienerlolaan 5 Hengelo, Netherlands
Duration: 16 months
- The salary amounts, depending on education and experience, minimal € 3.420,-to a maximum of € 4.490,- gross per month.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
The Postdoc Position on synthesis and characterization of Cobalt Carbide seeks applicants with:
- A PhD in a field that is related to this project. Y
- A track record in catalyst synthesis and characterisation.
- Experience in characterisation of high temperature electrochemical cells is an added benefit but not necessarily required.
The application to the Postdoc Position on synthesis and characterization of Cobalt Carbide should include the following information:
- A cover letter outlining the candidate specific interest, qualifications, and motivation to apply for this position
- A detailed CV
- Transcripts (in English for non-Dutch applicant) from his/her Bachelor and Master degrees
- An interview and a scientific presentation will be part of the selection procedure.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.