Applications are welcome for a Postdoc Position on Numerical simulation on reaction process, microstructure development, and volume stability of novel cement systems.
TU Delft is opening a Postdoc position to investigate the effect of thermal cycling on the cement-steel interface of wellbore cement. The context of the position is deep CO2 storage, where the downhole expansion of pressurized CO2 is to lead to large cooling. The associated thermal contraction of the wellbore is expected to stress the wellbore-cement interface, which can become debonded. This is an experimental position, in which a new setup will be designed to investigate the effects of thermal cycling on the flow properties of cement and cement-steel interfaces. Within TU Delft, there will be a close collaboration between this postdoctoral researcher and a postdoctoral researcher working on compositional modeling of the cement compositions, who will be stationed at the Microlab.
Duration: 2.5 years
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount on health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution.
- For international applicants, they offer the Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice to assist with relocation.
The successful candidate is should have
- A PhD in Civil Engineering, or Materials Science and Engineering;
- An Experience in numerical simulation of cement-based materials, having materials research backgroup on alkali activated materials will be a plus;
- Team worker, but independent thinking researcher;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) and good communication skills;
- Result oriented, creative thinking and systematic working.
Interested applicants are to fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- Full curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter specifically addressing the position
- Publication list incl. a one-page summary of their PhD thesis,
- Two recommendation letters (or alternatively the names and email addresses of two references).
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: March 30, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.