The Department of Human Geography and Planning, Faculty of Geosciences, Utrecht University invites applications for the Postdoc Position Project on I-CLAIM.
The objective of the overall project is to investigate the living and working conditions of regularised migrants through an intersectional lens and a household perspective which will allow us to reveal the multifaceted, dynamic, and contested nature of irregularity. I-CLAIM develops the concept of ‘irregularity assemblages’ to capture how migrants’ ‘irregular condition’ is produced by the interplay of immigration and asylum laws, policies and practice, wider labour market and welfare regimes, and political, media, and public narratives.
The irregular condition is shaped by migrants’ social position and positionality as well as by processes that occur at international, European, regional, and local levels.
The successful candidate:
- will perform independent research within a collaborative research team;
- has ethnographic experience and track record of working with vulnerable and hard-to-reach groups;
- will deliver high quality written reports of their research on a regular basis;
- desirably also has experience of analysis of policy and media narratives as well as survey data;
- needs to cooperate and work collaboratively with NGO partners;
- will have to participate in, and contribute to, scientific meetings and present their research to the research consortium of I-CLAIM;
- is willing to travel within the Netherlands and within Europe to consortium meetings.
Duration: 02 years
- The gross salary – depending on previous qualifications and experience ranges between €2,960 and €4,670 per month
- Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model)
- Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year.
Utrecht University is looking for highly enthusiastic, critical, and creative individuals to join the research team.
- The candidates should have experience in social-empirical research.
- Hold a PhD degree by the start of the position (social sciences).
- Obtained outstanding academic results.
- Are interested in interdisciplinary research and have strong analytical skills.
- Speak Dutch and have an excellent command of English.
- Are willing and able to collaborate with other academic and non-academic partners, researchers, and non-academics.
All application should include the following documents:
- a curriculum vitae,
- a motivation letter
- academic CV, including their publication list;
- contact details.
To apply for the Postdoc Position Project on I-CLAIM at Utrecht University, click here.
Deadline: May 15, 2023.
For more information on the Postdoc Position Project on I-CLAIM at Utrecht University, visit the official site.