TU Eindhoven is offering a postdoc position for a talented and motivated researcher with a strong interest in algorithms and complexity.
The research is supported by ERC Starting grant “Rigorous Search Space Reduction” and is aimed at advancing the theory of algorithmic preprocessing. The project investigates questions such as: why does preprocessing lead to such large speedups for some NP-hard problems? How does a preprocessing algorithm reduce the search space of the follow-up algorithm? Which aspects of a problem input make it amenable to preprocessing? How can new preprocessing algorithms be developed that deliver speedups of several orders of magnitude? These questions are tackled using the framework of parameterized complexity and kernelization and are asked for a diverse set of NP-hard problems concerning graphs, logic, and constraint satisfaction.
The postdoctoral candidate will be expected to conduct independent research on topics relevant to the above agenda, publish this research at conferences and journals, and cooperate with the Ph.D. candidates and principal investigator of the ReduceSearch project.
- A gross monthly salary (scale 10) and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Free access to high-quality training programs for research and valorization, professional development courses, and didactical courses of the TEACH training program.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children’s daycare and sports facilities.
TU Eindhoven ideal candidate:
- Is required to have a strong background in algorithms or computational complexity.
- Has experience within the domain of parameterized complexity, kernelization, or constraint satisfaction problems is a plus.
- Be fluent in English, both oral and in writing, and to have obtained a Ph.D. degree.
Interested applicants should send the following documents to apply for the TU Eindhoven postdoc position
- A detailed CV including a publications list and overview of presentations at scientific meetings.
- A motivation letter describing your background and reasons for applying for this position.
- 1-page research statement describing research interests and goals.
- Names and contact information of two academic references.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2021
For more information and application, visit the official site.