Applications are welcome from qualified candidates to the Postdoc Position in Sustainable Management in Extractive Industries, Wageningen University.
Wageningen University is hiring a postdoc to contribute to a recently funded EU project called SUstainable Management in Extractive Industries (SUMEX). The project seeks to establish a framework of what sustainability means for the extractive industry in Europe.
Wageningen University & Research stimulates internal career opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are ample opportunities for their own initiative in a learning environment.
Location: Wageningen, Netherland
Successful candidates will be contributing to the analysis of policy strategies and property rights instruments for promoting extractive activities, in order to identify which strategies and its components work more effective, efficient, legitimate, or just in given situations.
The project is highly interdisciplinary and international, including organizations from a range of European countries. Next to their research, candidates will incorporate project activities within courses taught within the Wageningen University study programme and supervise BSc and MSc thesis students.
€ 3353-€ 5127 monthly pay based on a full-time appointment
- holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in a consultation so that an efficient balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours;
- a lively workplace where they can easily make contacts and where many activities are organized at the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research, and business are represented;
- use of the sports facilities on campus for a reduced fee
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- A Ph.D. in a relevant field (e.g. Environmental Policy, Spatial Planning, Land Management);
- Experience with land policy instruments;
- Clear and proven interest in sustainable land policy and management;
- Experience with approaches in policy integration;
- A publication record containing at least two ISI journal publications;
- Good communicative and writing skills (English);
- A collegial attitude and a clear willingness to collaborate in interdisciplinary teams.
Application Deadline: November 16, 2020
For more information and application, visit the official site.