The Wageningen University and Research (WUR) invites applications for a postdoc or junior researcher position in Infectious Disease Modelling.
The university seeks researchers in infectious disease modeling and data science to join the modeling and inference teams within the Wageningen University and Research (WUR) Pandemic Preparedness Program (ERRAZE). In this program, candidates will work together with ecologists, epidemiologists, data scientists, and social scientists. In the first project, he/she will co-develop a flexible and actionable framework to create and validate models for a range of (re)emerging zoonotic pathogens in The Netherlands. For the second position, he/she will use model-based inference tools to quantify the transmission processes that underlie avian influenza transmission between wild and held populations.
Here, the candidate will co-develop a framework to readily design and implement spatially explicit models for multi-host emerging pathogens. This effort requires the following action:
- the development of a framework to determine the required complexity and spatial scales of the model for different disease systems and research objectives.
- the design of the corresponding model architecture.
- the establishment of a library with modules for the foremost introduction routes and host species to facilitate their inclusion in future modeling efforts.
- A competitive gross salary of between € 2.710,- and € 3.821,- for a full-time working week of 38 hours;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional compensation/holiday hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- a fixed December bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent pension scheme.
They seek candidates with
- A PhD or not less than 3 years of work experience in a relevant field (epidemiology, ecology, mathematical biology, applied mathematics, computer science, physics)
- Interest in working on epidemiological questions of societal relevance
- Experience in mathematical modeling
- Good programming skills in R
- Excited about working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Capable of communicating research to the general public and end-users.
Interested applicants can apply for Postdoc Positions in Infectious Disease Modelling with the following documents:
- curriculum vitae and
- cover letter
To apply for the Postdoc Positions in Infectious Disease Modelling, click here
Application Deadline: July 04, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.