Radboud University in the Netherlands calls for applications to its Postdoctoral Research position in Computational Cognitive Science of Language.
Research at the Donders Institute is focused on four themes: 1. Language and communication, 2. Perception, action, and control, 3. Plasticity and memory, 4. Neural computation and neurotechnology. Excellent, state-of-the-art research facilities are available for the broad range of neuroscience research that is being conducted at the Donders Institute.
The successful candidate will direct, design, and execute theoretical, computational modeling projects on language processing as a postdoctoral researcher. The goal is to use contemporary computational and data analysis techniques to link diverse computer models derived from a theoretical model in order to explain patterns in neuroimaging data, behavior, and language.
The focus will be on developing systems that can represent structured representations during both ‘comprehension’ and ‘production’ while holding fast to principles of neural computation and aspects of formal linguistics.
Duration: 3 years.
- This position involves supervision and mentoring of junior researchers (e.g. PhD candidates, Master’s students and interns).
- Publishing of first author papers,
- contribute to related projects as a co-author and present the work at international conferences and institutions.
The Job offers the following remuneration:
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €3,807 and a maximum of €5,211 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11).
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Benefit from Radboud Dual Career and Family Care Services.
Qualified candidates are to meet the following requirements
- Have PhD in a relevant field (e.g. cognitive science, experimental or mathematical psychology, computational neuroscience, computer science, or computational linguistics).
- must have good computational skills and proven experience in this area (e.g. during PhD or other training).
- Expertise in and experience with cognitive modelling and neural networks is highly desirable.
- Experience with modelling neural oscillations would be useful, but is not essential.
- Enthusiasm for the work and the subject area (i.e. language, structured representations, neural oscillations, symbolic-connectionism, and neural network modelling).
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Experience supervising students at various levels would be advantageous.
The application should include the following attachments:
- curriculum Vitae,
- letter of motivation, and
- names and email addresses of at least two referees.
To apply, click here
Application Deadline: September 15, 2021
For more information, visit the official site.