The Faculty of Science and the Leiden Institute of Chemistry invites applications for the position of a postdoctoral researcher in solution-state bioNMR for the Dutch National uNMR-NL facility.
The individual will be responsible for the implementation and development of state-of-the-art solution-state bioNMR methodology at the high-field systems of uNMR-NL, including the 1.2 GHz spectrometer (to be installed at Utrecht University in early 2021) and the 950 MHz spectrometer (Radboud University Nijmegen), as well as the other high-field bioNMR spectrometers available at the NMR facility of Leiden Institute of Chemistry and the other uNMR facilities. While based in Leiden, the candidate will be in regular contact with and work at the Utrecht and Nijmegen sites. His/her research will involve applications in the life sciences, with an emphasis on structural and dynamics studies of proteins, including high-molecular-weight complexes and paramagnetic NMR approaches. Further collaborations with other academic and industrial partners are possible.
- Salary range from € 3,353.- to € 4,402.- gross per month
- Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3%), training and career development, and sabbatical leave.
- For international spouses, we have set up a dual career program.
- Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break.
- For international spouses, Leiden has set up a dual career program.
To qualify for this position, applicants must:
- Hold a Ph.D. in an NMR-related field with practical experience and interest in implementing state-of-the-art solution-state bioNMR methods on high-field instruments. and
- Have excellent communication skills in English are required.
To apply for this vacancy, applicants are to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Quoting the vacancy number and including the following documents in the application:
- A letter of motivation;
- An updated curriculum vitae;
- (email) addresses of two referees.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.