The Erasmus MC Cancer Institute is searching for a postdoctoral researcher to develop and investigate advanced tools for instantaneous treatment plan generation for cancer patients using deep learning (INSTORAD project).
Radiotherapy for a cancer patient requires the development of a treatment plan, defining the individualized treatment unit settings that result in favorable dose distribution in the patient, balancing the probability of cure versus the development of radiation-induced complications. Currently, treatment plan generation is an inefficient time-consuming, and fragmented process.
This may result in suboptimal treatment plan quality, i.e. the patient could have received better treatment. With instantaneous treatment plan generation available, the workflow becomes more efficient, different trade-offs between cure and complications can be readily explored as well as other treatment options, thereby further personalizing the treatment. In addition, this process can also shorten patient waiting time before commencing treatment.
To enable such change in clinical practice, plans with high-quality dose distributions should be generated instantaneously.
- The gross monthly salary amounts a maximum of € 4.615 depending on candidate level of education and relevant experience.
- Excellent fringe benefits, such as a 13th month that is already paid out in November and individual travel expense package.
- Pension insurance with ABP.
- Special benefits, such as a in company physiotherapist and bicycle repairer. And a gym workout after work (maintain fitness).
The Erasmus MC Cancer Institute seeks a motivated candidate with:
- A Master degree in Artificial Intelligence, (Computational) Physics, (Applied) Mathematics, Operational Research, or a related discipline, and a PhD degree with relevance for the INSTORAD project.
- Experience in software development (Python/Matlab) as well as expertise in deep learning model development (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch).
- Affinity in supervision of students and preferentially with writing grant proposals.
- A practical, result-driven working attitude and are an excellent team player.
- Good academic writing and presentation skills in English.
To apply for the Postdoc Researcher position at Erasmus MC Cancer Institute in Europe, click here.
Application Deadline: November 09, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site.