The Technology, Human and Institutional Behaviour (HIB)-department, section Psychology, Health and Technology (PHT) at the University of Twente (UT) is seeking a post-doc researcher for the project “the effect of Covid-19 on population mental and physical wellbeing”.
The successful candidate will be part of the Behavioural Science and Pandemic Preparedness consortium, initiated by the Corona Behavioural Unit of the RIVM, with four participating universities. The aim of the consortium is to draw the key scientific lessons from behavioural science data collected during the pandemic. As part of that candidate will participate in a group of six Postdoctoral researchers, who will also receive dedicated training opportunities on topics such as longitudinal and missing data analysis, and on making scientific study results valuable for policymakers and communication professionals.
To stop spreading the coronavirus, unprecedented measures have been implemented by public health authorities, including lockdowns, social distancing, and curfews. In this project, the candidate will
- study the effect of social restrictions on mental and physical wellbeing, including loneliness.
- look at the association between infections and vaccinations (both personal and in the household) on wellbeing. and
- Finally, look at differences in wellbeing between urban, rural, and border regions.
Duration: A full-time employment for 3 years.
- The starting salary, depending on experience, ranges from € 3.807,- to € 5.211,- gross per month (in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities)
- The UT offers additional attractive employment conditions (8% holiday allowance, 8.3% end-of-year bonus, solid pension scheme, sabbatical leave, professional and personal development programs, etc.)
- International applicants are likely to qualify for a low 30% tax regime
The department is looking for candidates with
- a PhD degree (or have nearly obtained PhD degree) in a relevant discipline, like psychology or a similar or related field
- experience and are skilled in the advanced analysis of longitudinal data from large datasets
- a team player spirit and have strong interpersonal skills for building contact with colleagues and (external) stakeholders
- scientific creativity and productivity, as demonstrated in recent publications in international peer-reviewed journals or peer-reviewed conferences
- proficient in English and
Interested applicants are welcome to apply. However, the application should include a:
- A cover letter of at most 1.5 page, outlining the specific area of interest, qualifications, and motivation to apply for this position
- A full Curriculum Vitae, including contact information for at least two academic references.
To apply for Postdoc-The Effect of Covid-19 on Population Mental and Physical Wellbeing, click here.
Application Deadline: February 25, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.