The University of Alberta’s Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering is seeking a postdoctoral fellow to help the team enhance greenhouse research and promote sustainable development.
The successful candidate will work across several projects to advance resource-sustainable (e.g., energy, materials, and labour) greenhouse research in labour northern Canada.
In the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, the candidate’s work will focus on composting for sustainable farming and will lead efforts for numerical modeling and experimental validation. Expertise in heat transfer and a strong background knowledge in the design, operation, and maintenance of greenhouse systems are highly desirable.
Working under the supervision of the PI, the postdoc will work within a team to manage and enact this project’s requirements and engineering deliverables. Activities include:
- Gathering design requirements, developing and finalizing design criteria, reviewing work done to date and end deliverable expectations
- Integrating multiple components into a prototype for testing
- Benchtop testing of prototypes and iterating design features in response to feedback from the team.
- Assisting and working with graduate students as directed by the project leads
- Assisting in preparing funding proposal.
- Additional engineering and lab related duties as required by the PI
Duration: The fellowship will be for one year, renewable for an additional two years based on performance assessment.
Annual stipend of $45,000 CAD plus benefits as determined by the University of Alberta postdoctoral program office.
The Postdoctoral Fellow Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering seeks applicants who:
- Holds a Ph.D. in Bioresources and Bioengineering or a related discipline
- Has three or more years of relevant R&D or greenhouse research work experience
- A strong background in heat transfer and research experience is required.
- Preference for applicants who are highly skilled in building simulation, monitoring/sensing and control, machine learning, and data analytics.
- A strong track record of refereed journal publications
Interested applicants are to send their application Postdoctoral Fellow Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Alberta via the apply button below.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: March 24, 2023.
For more information Postdoctoral Fellow Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, visit the official site.