DIEP@UvA seeks a senior postdoc whose research is at the interface in Dutch Institute for Emergent Phenomena (DIEP).
UvA expects candidates to be able to work with a high degree of independence and serve as a driving force for their research subject. They also expect them to participate and help with the center’s activities and contribute to the creation of an exciting research environment.
The position is open to suitable candidates with a PhD in mathematics, physics, chemistry, computer science, or logic. The candidates should have (some) experience as an independent researcher, and excellent organizational, communication, and cooperation skills.
The successful candidate will:
- perform, high-level research (analytical theory, numerical modeling or logical-semantical foundations, experiment, formal proofs, etc.) related to the above topics or a closely related field;
- be able to work together with several other researchers within DIEP from different backgrounds (mathematics, physics, chemistry, computer science, logic);
- act as a central beacon on the research topic within DIEP;
- assist in organizing workshops related to the DIEP topics.
Duration: 2 years
- A gross monthly salary of €2,846 to €4,490 depending on qualifications, expertise, and relevant experience.
- 8% holiday allowance and an 8,3% end-of-year bonus.
Their experience and profile for DIEP postdoc fellowships consist of:
- a PhD degree in mathematics, physics, chemistry, computer science, or logic;
- experience as an independent researcher;
- excellent organizational, communicational (in oral and written English), and cooperation skills.
Applications in .pdf should include:
- a cover letter including motivation and explaining how their research fits into DIEP@UvA research priority areas, what institutes could be involved, potential co-workers and research subjects;
- a research statement about what topics they would like to pursue while at DIEP and how.
- Their CV, including publication list and;
- the name and email address of three referees, who will be contacted directly and asked to send a recommendation letter.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: April 11, 2022.
For more information on Postdoctoral Fellowship in Dutch Institute for Emergent Phenomena (DIEP), visit the official site.