The Department of Public Administration and Sociology (DPAS) Erasmus University has a Postdoctoral position in Public Health Behaviour and Policy.
Erasmus MC, TU Delft and Erasmus University Rotterdam have joined forces in the Pandemic and Disaster Preparedness Center (PDPC). The PDPC aims to prepare society for future pandemics and disasters by carrying out research on how to build resilience through effective disaster prevention, preparedness and recovery measures. Convergence of the technical, medical and social sciences is essential for developing the next generation of approaches to disasters and pandemics.
The PDPC is based on the unique combination of world-renowned expertise on infectious diseases, climate research, research into floods and other water-related emergencies, empirical sociology, and crisis management. One of the Centre’s components is the PDPC Academy, which engages in knowledge transfer and education, has an academic workplace for short-term research projects, and carries out research on targeted interventions.
As a Postdoctoral Researcher in Public Health Behaviour and Policy, the candidate will:
- Design, conduct and coordinate high-quality research;
- Analyse research data, and interpret the findings into concrete insights and advice for policy and practice;
- Prepare reports, and present findings at conferences and in publications;
- Based on your research results, you proactively seek connections and collaboration with other research projects;
- Advise project leaders on behavioral research and transfer your knowledge to colleagues and relevant stakeholders;
- Collaborate with other members of the research team and contribute to their projects when necessary;
- Participate in the development of grant proposals;
- Assist in the supervision of graduate students.
- The salary is dependent on experience and knowledge and ranges from a minimum of € 3.974 to a maximum of € 5.439 gross per month
- In addition, they offer an 8% holiday allowance, an end-of-year payment of 8.3%, and a very generous paid leave scheme.
- EUR is affiliated with ABP for the pension provision, and they offer partially paid parental leave,
- Fully paid extended birth leave for partners,
- A personal career budget, work-life balance coaches, discounted collective health insurance, and more.
- In the field of social or health sciences, for example sociology, public administration, social psychology, communication science, anthropology, or health promotion;
- Affinity with the field of behaviour and infectious diseases/pandemics;
- Interest in research into the connection between scientific research and policy;
- Experience with qualitative research methods;
- Excellent (early career) track record in publishing research findings in international peer-reviewed journals.
- Involvement in writing research reports for policy is a plus;
- Demonstrable experience in independently conducting and managing research;
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Eager to work in a multidisciplinary team, yet also able to work independently;
- Well organized with attention to detail;
- Professional attitude and keenness for working with external parties;
- Good communication skills with professional oral and written command of English (C1-level CEFR or equivalent) and preferably also Dutch (C1).
Interested applicants should submit:
- A letter of motivation;
- Curriculum vitae.
To apply for the Postdoctoral position in Public Health Behaviour and Policy, click here.
Deadline: August 21, 2023.
For more information on Postdoctoral position in Public Health Behaviour and Policy, visit the official site.