A position (postdoctoral or research assistant) is available immediately to support a collaborative university-industry research project related to designing and implementing algorithms to be used in the heavy lifting industry.
The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. They welcome applications from all qualified persons. However, they encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.
Duration: One year with a possibility of extension depending on funding.
The salary will be depending the experience and qualifications of the chosen candidate (approximately $35K to $40K annual).
The University of Alberta provides significant support for employees through valuable assistance and protection programs which include;
- health and dental plan,
- medical and other leave entitlements,
- assistance with life events,
- funding and reimbursement programs, and
- life insurance benefits.
The candidate for Postdoctoral position / Research Assistant at University of Alberta should have:
- A PhD in computer science or software engineering.
- Experience in designing algorithms for industrial applications including machine learning, computer vision, image processing, and data analysis.
- Have a versatility of skills and be multidisciplinary: mathematical modeling & simulation, statistics, physics, engineering
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to solve practical problems ranging from simple to complex
- Excellent leadership
- Ability to work independently and with others (especially with undergraduate students)
- Excellent verbal and written skills and be able to present to a wide range of audiences.
- Knowledge of the French language is a plus.
Interested individuals for the Postdoctoral position / Research Assistant at University of Alberta should submit:
- Cover letter,
- Curriculum Vitae, and
- Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 in compliance with the University’s COVID-19 Vaccination Directive
- Contact information for three references to: Ahmed Bouferguene, PhD firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Position open until filled.
For more information on Postdoctoral position / Research Assistant at University of Alberta, visit the official site.