The Department of Applied Economics in the Erasmus School of Economics invites applications for the appointment of a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Economics and Values in the Netherlands.
Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) is an internationally oriented university with a strong social orientation in its education and research. Their scientists and students work in close collaboration with internal and external parties to solve global, social challenges, inspired by the always dynamic and cosmopolitan Rotterdam. EUR mission is, therefore “Creating positive societal impact”.
A successful candidate should have a Ph.D. in Economics and expertise in behavioral economics, with a focus on empirical analysis ranging from experimental data to survey data. He/she will have the latitude to follow their own research agenda, although collaboration with faculty and Ph.D. students in the Department of Applied Economics is expected, as well as participating in interdisciplinary research activities within the Centre for Relational Economics, Values & Leadership. The position is research focused on a reduced teaching load with 40% for teaching and 60% for research.
Location: Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, 3062 PA, Rotterdam
- The salary ranges from € 3.746-€ 5.127 depending on the experience of the candidate.
- EUR pays a holiday allowance and an end-of-year payment and offers excellent secondary benefits, like a very generous leave scheme.
- EUR is affiliated with ABP for the pension provision and offer partially paid parental leave.
- Employees can also use EUR facilities, such as the Erasmus sports center and the University library.
- EUR offers a Dual Career Programme (DCP) to assist the life partners of new academic staff (on pay-roll) in finding employment in The Netherlands.
- They value diversity and believe that a diversity of talents contributes to their vision and strategy to excel as a university in research and education.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- the candidate is to hold a recently acquired Ph.D. in Economics or Econometrics with demonstrated research expertise in behavioral economics, experimental economics, and/or cognitive economics.
- have strong quantitative skills and the ability to handle and manage data sets.
- Candidates should demonstrate strong potential for high-level international publications,
- Also, have excellent proficiency in the English language.
Applicants should send their documents to Ms. Manuela Ettekoven-de Vaal, Department of Applied Economics, Tinbergen Building, P.O. Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, firstname.lastname@example.org
- curriculum vitae,
- an example research paper, and
- names and addresses of two references.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.