The Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry at the Eindhoven University of Technology calls for applications for the above-stated positions in polymer materials.
In polymeric materials, a fundamental transition is required from synthesis out of fossil-based feedstock and one-time use to continuous re-use of polymeric products. In this project, the focus of the research will be on existing polymers as well as on designing and synthesis novel polymeric structures more amenable to recycling, including smart new monomers that can switch between polymerized and depolymerized states, using energy-efficient processes. Furthermore, the goal will be a full understanding of the performance profile of new materials and in the particular elucidation of structure-property relationships by means of various characterization techniques. The key is the incorporation of suitable degradable functional groups or smart monomers into the polymers in their design stage (‘design for recycling” approach).
Duration: A full-time employment for 2 years.
The Polymer Materials postdoc position includes:
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- A free access to high-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- Annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
The Polymer Materials postdoc position seeks
- Highly talented, motivated, and enthusiastic candidates with a PhD degree in polymer chemistry, organic chemistry, or a related discipline.
- Successful candidate with a solid background in polymer and organic chemistry.
- Applicants with good communication skills, and needs to be fluent in English.
- Candidate with Strong motivation to do original, fundamental research in an interdisciplinary team.
- Applicantsxperience with the synthesis and characterization of polymers or organic molecules is essential.
- A person with research oriented attitude.
- A person with ability to work in a team.
The application for the Polymer Materials position should include;
- An application letter that outlining applicants qualification, interest and motivation for this position
- A CV with details on education, employment, publications, and research experience, as well as contact information for two referees
- List of five self-selected ‘best publications’.
To apply for the Postdoc Position in Circular Polymer Materials, click here.
Application Deadline: December 15, 2021
For more information for the Postdoc Position in Circular Polymer Materials, visit the official site.