Faculty of Science & Technology, University of Twente (UT) is offering postdoctoral research positions on “Gas-phase ELEctrocatalysis for methane VAlorizaTION”
The project, on “Gas-phase ELEctrocatalysis for methane VAlorizaTION” (ELEVATION), will explore the conversion of methane towards C2+-products of methanol using gas-phase electrocatalysis. The main goal is to uncover the role of water vapor as a precursor to anodically generating active oxygen species for tuning the efficiency and selectivity of methane conversion. This will be studied via gas-phase polymeric electrolyte membrane (PEM) electrolysis, using humid methane as feedstock.
The Postdoc position on Gas-phase ELEctrocatalysis for Methane VAlorizaTION involves the following activities:
- Fabricate porous metal oxides & membrane-electrode assemblies (MEAs)
- Characterize MEAs (XRD, XPS, SEM)
- Investigate the reaction kinetics by in-situ FT-IR
- Work closely with the consortium via short research stays to utilize SECM at RWTH Aachen and TPD techniques at FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Study the performance of MEAs via product analysis (GC, MS)
- Update the consortium on the scientific results and project progress on a regular basis and represent the team at conferences.
The post-doc salary is between € 3.420,- and € 4.490,- gross per month depending on experience and qualifications. The offer further involves:
- a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%,
- a solid pension scheme,
- a minimum of 29-day holidays, and
- numerous professional and personal development programs.
The position Gas-phase ELEctrocatalysis for Methane VAlorizaTION seeks candidates with
- PhD in chemistry, material science, physics, engineering or equivalent field
- Experience in electrocatalysis
- Experience in infra-red spectroscopy
- Expertise with one or more relevant domains of: materials synthesis, heterogeneous catalysis, structural characterization techniques, time-resolved spectroscopy, mechanistic/kinetic studie
- Experience with taking projects from “0 to 1”
- Strong English communication skills
- Passion for sustainable energy technologies
Application material on Gas-phase ELEctrocatalysis for Methane VAlorizaTION should include
- CV (maximum 2-page),
- cover letter (maximu 1-page),
- list of publications and conference talks, and
- at least two letters of recommendation upon request.
To apply for the position on Gas-phase ELEctrocatalysis for Methane VAlorizaTION, click here.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2022
For more information on Gas-phase ELEctrocatalysis for Methane VAlorizaTION, visit the official site.