The Faculty of Social Sciences, Radboud University is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Postdoctoral Researcher – AI for Health at the Donders Centre for Cognition.
As postdoctoral researchers, they will contribute to the development of a theoretically sound and computationally scalable framework for understanding and predicting the evolution of longitudinal data (i.e. nowcasting, prognosis, anomaly detection) in the health domain. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research within the Healthy Data programme, focused on advancing AI techniques and their application to improve health and healthcare in society.
They will take on key roles in coordinating the project and collaborating closely with the research team, PhD candidates, and staff members. Their research efforts will also involve the exploration and development of other techniques, such as distributed control, fractional-order control, and regression discontinuity methods. Overall, their work will contribute to the advancement of prediction and control methodologies and their application in the health domain, to make a significant impact in the field.
Their responsibilities will include
- co-supervising PhD candidates, providing guidance and support in their research activities.
- work in collaboration with an ICT developer to adapt and optimize methods for health data applications.
- developing and implementing techniques for the prediction and control of complex stochastic processes, with an emphasis on nowcasting, prognosis, anomaly detection, and understanding the impact of control policies.
- In addition, they will test and validate these methods using publicly available datasets and collaborate with partners in the Healthy Data programme to apply these methods to health data collected within the programme.
Duration: It concerns temporary employment for 4 years.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €3,974 and a maximum of €5,439, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
The eligibility requirements for applying for the Postdoctoral Researcher – AI for Health at the Donders Centre for Cognition
- a PhD degree in a relevant field, such as artificial intelligence, computer science, applied mathematics, or a related discipline.
- a strong background in machine learning, dynamical systems, statistical modelling, and algorithms for analysing complex stochastic processes.
- experience working with longitudinal data, preferably in the health domain, and an understanding of the challenges associated with controlled dynamical systems perturbed by noise.
- proficiency in programming languages such as Python and experience with relevant libraries and frameworks (e.g. JAX, PyTorch).
- an excellent track record in scientific research as evidenced by publications in top-tier conferences and journals.
- excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- demonstrated experience or an affinity with working in a scrum team.
Interested applicants are to fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A Letter of motivation.
- Two recent publications.
- The contact details of two references who may be contacted for further information.
To apply for the Postdoctoral Researcher – AI for Health at the Donders Centre for Cognition, click here.
Deadline: August 15, 2023.
For more information on Postdoctoral Researcher – AI for Health at the Donders Centre for Cognition, visit the official site.