The Research Centre Art & Society at Hanze University of Applied Sciences (Hanze UAS) invites applications for the position of a Postdoctoral Researcher Art & Sustainability.
The Research group Art & Sustainability is looking for a postdoctoral researcher whose research and artistic interests address existential dimensions of climate change and adaptation to its ecological, social, and cultural impacts.
The purpose of the postdoctoral researcher is to support and strengthen research in the area of art and sustainability, with explicit attention to the dimensions of cultural and ‘inner’ sustainability.
Start date: As soon as possible
- Conducting high-quality research;
- Developing, implementing, and leading projects under the leadership of the Professor of Art & Sustainability;
- Participation in teaching in the area of art, science, and sustainability themes, sustain and/or transition design (e.g. working with ‘wicked problems’), with connections to the Innovation Work Place Deep Adaptation;
- Supervising MA theses and contributing to the supervision of Ph.D. candidates.
- The salary level is 11, with a salary between € 3.453, – and € 5.026, – gross per month full time
- Year-end bonus and holiday payments.
To be eligible for this position, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have a Ph.D. degree;
- Have adequate experience in research in any of the following fields (or combinations of them): climate studies, environmental psychology/ecopsychology, ecological aesthetics, artistic research, or other fields relevant to the position;
- Affinity with practice-oriented research;
- Having a good understanding of both spoken and written English (and preferably of both spoken and written Dutch as well, or having the intention to learn Dutch);
- The ability to carry out multidisciplinary research is considered an advantage.
Interested applicants should enclose the following documents in their application:
- Application letter.
- A summary of each of the following: candidate’s research achievements; artistic and/or professional achievements; teaching merits; and academic leadership and contribution to the research community.
- A research plan for the postdoctoral researcher period (size preferably between 1500 and 2000 words).
Application Deadline: February 1, 2021
For more information and application, visit the official site.