The Faculty of Social Sciences seeks an outstanding candidate whose research interests lie in exploring human behavior and decision-making, and who is interested in conducting multidisciplinary research with societal relevance.
The position will include taking the lead on designing and conducting experimental research, ideally focusing on underlying psychological and/or neural processes. He/she will conduct literature reviews, generate and refine research questions, write manuscripts reporting the results of analyses for publication in academic outlets, disseminate research findings at conferences and workshops, participate in public outreach activities, and as well in supervise students. She/he will thus have the opportunity to develop his/her research skills and work on important scientific questions that have a societal impact.
Duration: A full-time employment for one year.
- A gross monthly salary and benefits (such as a pension scheme, pregnancy and maternity leave, partially paid parental leave) in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
The position seeks candidates with:
- a PhD degree in psychology, cognitive neuroscience, decision science, or a closely related field, and have an interest in applying their knowledge to study human behaviour and decision-making.
- have excellent research and analytical skills, including experience with conducting quantitative or qualitative research.
- are enthusiastic and have interest in conducting multidisciplinary research in one or more of the following topics: social equality, environmental sustainability, good health and well-being, quality education.
- have the ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- have excellent communication and organisational skills.
The application should include a:
- Letter of motivation.
- Research statement.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: November 14, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site.