The Department of Chemistry, NMR spectroscopy, Utrecht University is inviting applications for the position of a postdoctoral researcher with an interest and expertise in computational structural biology and NMR data management for the uNMR-NL facility.
The NMR group is a member of the Bijvoet Center for Biomolecular Research, the Department of Chemistry, and the Faculty of Science of Utrecht University, which is internationally renowned for its quality of research and education. The postdoc position will be embedded in the NMR Spectroscopy group at Utrecht University that aims at gaining atomic-level insight into complex (bio)molecular systems in vitro, in situ, and in silico.
The task of the postdoc researcher will be to contribute to computational developments in integrative structural biology in the Computational Structural Biology external link group, and responsible for the data management aspects of the NMR Spectroscopy group external link and the uNMR-NL external link facility, setting up a data harvesting and sharing infrastructure in collaboration with our national e-Infrastructure at SURFSara. In addition to his/her daily interactions with the local NMR and computational groups, the candidate will be in regular contact with the entire uNMR-NL consortium to streamline data management procedures at the various facilities.
- a full-time gross salary ranging from €3,408 to €4,474 per month.
- Annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- Family-friendly initiatives such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Interested applicants for the uNMR-NL facility position must have
- a PhD in chemistry, physics, biology or a related field,
- a track record in structural biology and in particular NMR for the data management aspects of it,
- strong programming skills (Python is a must!), and
- experience with high-throughput and high performance computing and web development.
- the experience necessary to take their place within an international research and education environment and operate in the context of national and international collaborations.
The application should include a;
- letter of motivation;
- curriculum vitae;
- the names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of at least two references.
To apply for the uNMR-NL facility postdoc position, click here.
Application Deadline: September 26, 2021.
For more information about the uNMR-NL facility, visit the official site.