The Applied Mathematics group at Radboud University has an opening for a short-term Postdoctoral Researcher for Modelling and Simulation of Marangoni Flows.
In an exciting interdisciplinary project, the candidate will work on the modeling and numerical simulation of Marangoni flows. Radboud University aims to develop and simulate a mathematical model for self-organizing chemical networks resulting from the formation of flow patterns between sender and receiver droplets. To this end, they will utilize state-of-the-art tools from the theory and approximation of nonlinear partial differential equations.
Duration: 12 months
The Postdoctoral Researcher for Modelling and Simulation of Marangoni Flows will receive:
- A gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €2,960 and a maximum of €4,670 based on a 38-hour working week,
- 8% holiday bonus and 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
- Ability to use their Dual Career and Family Care Services.
- Partially paid parental leave and flexible employment conditions.
Applicants for the Postdoctoral Researcher position for Modelling and Simulation of Marangoni Flows should have the following qualifications:
- have a strong background in PDE-based mathematical modeling and simulation.
- hold or are about to complete a PhD degree in Applied Mathematics or a closely related field.
- have an interest in interdisciplinary work.
- have excellent writing and communication skills.
To apply for this position, fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- CV, including a list of publications and the contact details of at least one academic reference.
- A copy of the applicant’s PhD thesis (if already completed).
To apply to Postdoctoral Researcher for Modelling and Simulation of Marangoni Flows, click here
Application Deadline: August 31, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.