The Department of Mathematics at Radboud University (Nijmegen, the Netherlands) is seeking a postdoctoral researcher to join their algebraic topology group and work on a project in homotopy theory.
The successful candidate will work on a project related to equivariant obstruction theory with Dr. Magdalena Kedziorek. The position is funded for two years, with the possibility of an extension for another year. Although there is no teaching load, participation in teaching activities is advised (for up to 10% of the time). During the period, candidates will be encouraged to take part in the activities of the algebraic topology group and the mathematical community in general by participating in conferences, workshops, and seminars. They will be expected to communicate their findings through publications in peer-reviewed journals, mentor PhD candidates, help organize seminars and workshops, and teach bachelor’s and master’s students.
Duration: 3 years.
Starting Date: January 1, 2024
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €3,226 and a maximum of €5,090, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
The position seeks applicants who meet the following requirements:
- Hold a PhD in mathematics completed in 2016 or later.
- Have an interest in and experience in at least one of the following topics: equivariant homotopy theory, trace methods for algebraic K-theory, Goerss-Hopkins obstruction theory, or infinity categories.
- Have excellent writing and communication skills.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- A letter of motivation
- CV, including the contact details of three academic references and a list of publications.
- Research statement (up to 5 pages, including a bibliography)
To apply for the postdoctoral position in algebraic topology, click here.
Deadline: November 05, 2023.
For more information on postdoctoral researchers in algebraic topology, visit the official site.