The Institute for Gravitational and Subatomic Physics (GRASP) at Utrecht University is looking for a highly motivate postdoctoral researcher in gravitational wave data analysis and phenomenology.
The group has close ties with researchers at Utrecht University’s Institute for Theoretical Physics, and with other individuals and institutes across the Netherlands as well as globally. Within the Netherlands, this research will take place as part of the Dutch Black Hole Consortium, which includes more than 10 universities and knowledge institutes across the country. Internationally, the successful candidate who is interested in studying gravitational wave signals from coalescing binary neutron stars and black holes as probes of fundamental physics will conduct his or her research as a member of the LIGO-Virgo-KAGRA Collaboration and the Einstein Telescope Collaboration.
Starting Date: February 2023
Duration: The position is for 3 years
The Postdoctoral Research position in Gravitational Wave Data Analysis covers:
- A full-time gross salary ranging from € 2,960,- to € 4,670,- in scale 10;
- 8% holiday bonus and 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
- A pension scheme, partially paid parental leave, and flexible employment conditions based on the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have, or be in the final stages of obtaining, a PhD degree in Physics or a closely related field.
- Excellent programming and scientific writing skills are required, as well as
- English communication skills, together with
- The motivation to work in a multidisciplinary, international research team.
To apply Postdoctoral Researcher in Gravitational Wave Data Analysis, applicants are to send:
- letter of motivation;
- curriculum Vitae, including a list of publications;
- contact details of three references from whom the school may request a letter of recommendation.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: December 05, 2022.
For more information on Postdoctoral Researcher in Gravitational Wave Data Analysis, visit the official site.