The Research Priority Area in Humane AI at the University of Amsterdam currently has a vacant Postdoc researcher position on AI and Humanities.
The position is to be affiliated with one of the research schools within the faculty of Humanities, i.e. the Institute for Logic, Language and Computation, or one of the schools in the Amsterdam Institute of Humanities Research.
The research will be embedded in the University of Amsterdam and is co-funded by the faculty of humanities. The ideal candidate is active in any relevant area within the humanities that can complement our current strengths within AI & Law and AI & Communication Science. As such preference will be given to researchers active in AI & Arts, AI & Philosophy/Logic/Ethics, or AI & Language.
The postdoc researcher will:
- develop, conduct, and publish research on responsible AI in the humanities;
- contribute to the overall RPA in terms of events, research meetings, activities;
- collaborate with other postdocs and faculty members within and between the faculties;
- contribute to new grant applications;
- give guest-lectures in the area of your expertise within Human(e) AI at BA or MA level at the University of Amsterdam;
- help co-supervising research projects of students working on Human(e) AI;
- engage in educational activities, e.g. in the interdisciplinary, cross-faculty Human(e)AI course.
Duration: 18 months
Start Date: May 1, 2022
- The gross monthly salary, based on 38 hours per week and relevant experience, ranges between €3,821 to €5,230.
- 8% holiday allowance and the 8,3% year-end allowance.
- A favourable tax agreement, the ‘30% ruling’, may apply to non-Dutch applicants.
- excellent possibilities for further professional development and education;
- an enthusiastic, inspiring and professional academic team;
- the opportunity to collaborate with leading researchers at research institutes that – partly as a result of their interdisciplinary approach – are world renowned.
They seek a candidate who meets the following requirements:
- a PhD in any field relevant to research in responsible AI;
- A clear research interest in the topic of Responsible AI in the Humanities (documented by publications and/or grant applications).
- Strong research interest in Human(e) AI as witnessed by research papers in relevant top venues and several lectures given at important conferences in your field.
- The ability, willingness, and commitment to do autonomous work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience with organising workshops, lecture series, or other events that facilitate knowledge dissemination and valorisation.
- Strong communications skills and experience with working with partners within and outside academia.
Applications should include the following information (submitted in one .pdf):
- a letter of motivation;
- a research proposal of 800-1000 words;
- a full academic CV, including a list of publications;
- the names and contact details of two references who may be approached by the selection committee.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.