The University of Groningen has an opening for Postdoctoral Researcher on Asymmetric Catalysis in the Netherlands.
The postdoc will focus on asymmetric autocatalysis under prebiotic relevant conditions to induce chiral amplification/self-replication. Chiral self-replication is one approach that will be followed using condensation reactions and supramolecular assembly. Alternatively, asymmetric autocatalysis will be explored using simple cyclic and acyclic acceptor molecules and amine donors to generate e.g. amino acids.
The mission of the Stratingh Institute for Chemistry is to perform excellent research and teaching in molecular and supramolecular chemistry. Core activities in the chemical sciences such as bioorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, molecular inorganic chemistry and molecular materials chemistry are embedded in the institute. The research programme is focused on synthesis, catalysis, functional materials, bio-organic chemistry/chemical biology and systems chemistry/complex molecular systems.
They offer salary in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a salary based on qualifications and experience of starting at € 3,557 gross per month (salary scale 10)
- excellent secondary terms of employment
- a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- 232 holiday hours per calendar year for full time employment
participation in a pension scheme for employees
- a personal budget of € 1,000 per year for additional training and career activities
- a temporary fulltime position for a specified period of 12 months, with a possibility of extension.
They are looking for candidates who meet the following requirements:
- a PhD degree in chemistry
- knowledge and skills in synthetic organic chemistry are necessary,
knowledge and skills in stereochemistry and asymmetric catalysis are strongly recommended
- a relevant publication record demonstrating your ability to publish international academic publications, preferably in top tier peer-reviewed journals
- the ability to communicate verbally and in written form in English
experience in supervision of BSc/MSc/PhD students is a plus.
Applicants who meet the qualification criteria are requested to upload the following documents:
- a motivation letter stating your motivation to apply for the position and your key qualities relevant for this position
- an up-to-date curriculum vitae, including a publication record
- contact information of two academic references.
To apply for the Postdoctoral Researcher on Asymmetric Catalysis, click here.
Deadline: July 03, 2023.
For more information on Postdoctoral Researcher on Asymmetric Catalysis, visit the official site.