The Faculty of Science and the Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research (LACDR) is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher on Chiral Metabolomics.
Biology is full of isomers and therefore enantioselective analysis of (endogenous) metabolites could play a key role in the detection/discovery of potential biomarkers for various diseases. However, enantioselective analysis remains a key challenge in metabolomics. In this project, which is part of the Vidi-research program entitled “Enabling volume-restricted metabolomics using next-generation microscale analytical tools” from the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO), capillary electrophoresis-mass spectrometry (CE-MS) will be considered as the main analytical platform for enantioselective metabolic profiling.
The candidate, however, will be appointed at the Metabolomics and Analytics Centre of the LACDR, which is internationally renowned for analytical method development in metabolomics and also for its use of metabolomics to address challenging biological questions.
The tasks for this position include:
- Analytical method development using mass spectrometry
- Development of new concepts/tools within the scope of the defined project
- Analyzing the generated data and preparing manuscripts
- Carrying out the chiral metabolomics project in close collaboration with internal/external partners
- Salary range from €2.960 – €4.670 gross per month
- Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holidays (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development, and sabbatical leave.
The candidate should fulfill (most of) the following criteria:
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry, Metabolomics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or comparable
- Strong team player with proven organizational skills
- Experience with mass spectrometry-based metabolomics
- Experience with biostatistics
- Excellent communication skills in English (both in speaking and writing)
Qualified applicants are requested to send;
- A letter of motivation;
- A CV highlighting research and teaching experience;
- Two written letters of recommendation by former supervisors;
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.