The Language Development Department at the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics in the Netherlands is offering a 5-year postdoctoral position on Early Precursors to Language Development from early 2022.
The successful candidate will act as project leader on one of the department’s new projects, including early precursors to language development, and may also co-supervise PhD students working on related projects.
Early auditory and visual information processing abilities are known to predict later language and cognitive development in infancy and childhood. However, this project (Early Precursors to Language Development) will address these issues to determine the nature of these relationships:
- whether these abilities reflect an underlying domain general processing ability,
- how the relationship between such processing abilities changes throughout development or,
- the role of genetic and environmental factors in the development of information processing abilities and language development.
Duration: A full-time employment for 5 years.
- The salary will amount to a gross minimum EUR 4,113.41, and a gross maximum EUR 5,981.85, per. Month depending on the experience of the applicant
- A holiday pay and a year-end bonus.
- All research staff have access to state-of-the art research and training facilities and a generous conference and travel budget.
The position on Early Precursors to Language Development seeks candidates with:
- A PhD in cognitive neuroscience or a related discipline
- A demonstrated cutting-edge knowledge of EEG, with a preference for candidates who have worked with children
- A track record of high-quality research, including experience disseminating research through conference presentations and publications
- Experience managing confidential information provided by participants, dealing with ethical and administrative issues, and efficiently managing and cataloguing data.
- Experience supervising and/or teaching undergraduate or postgraduate students
- Excellent written and spoken English. The language of the institute is English, so knowledge of Dutch is not required
To apply for this position, applications should be in .pdf format and should include:
- A cover letter (2-page maximum) that includes information about applicants’ research interests, why they are interested in this post, and why they consider themselves a good match for the post.
- A CV, which should include a list of publications and the names, email addresses, and contact numbers of three referees
To apply for the postdoc position on Early Precursors to Language Development, click here.
Application Deadline: December 15, 2021.
For more information on Early Precursors to Language Development, visit the official site.