The Faculty of Science & Technology, University of Twente is looking for a postdoctoral researcher with a strong background in biomaterials or biomedical engineering and preferably experience with (light-based) bioprinting.
However, the candidate will be investigating a cutting-edge light-based bioprinting technology to create 3D living matter. Specifically, he/she will optimize the photopolymerization of polymers for the rapid volumetric bioprinting of cell-laden biomaterials. The goal of the postdoc is to pioneer this first-of-its-kind technology, which intends to result in several high-impact manuscripts.
Duration: 2 years
- The salary amounts, depending on education and experience, minimal € 3.420,- to a maximum of € 4.490,- gross per month in case of a fulltime employment.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- The number of holiday hours for full-time employment is 232 hours per calendar year.
- Professional and personal development programmes.
The Postdoctoral Researcher on Light-Based Bioprinting seek a candidate who meets the following requirements:
- Hold at least a PhD with good knowledge of photo-crosslinkable biomaterials.
- have relevant working experience in tissue engineering, biomaterial analysis, bioprinting, and/or polymer chemistry.
- Are highly ambitious candidate aiming to deliver high-quality and high-impact science.
- Are proactive and enjoy working in a dynamic environment where focused work is alternated with responding to ad-hoc requests and questions.
- Can work independently as well as in a team and you have a focused and flexible mindset.
- Like to interact with others and have excellent communication skills.
- Are willing to be trained in other complementary research activities (for example, characterization of biomaterials, biofabrication, microfluidics, cell biology, etc.).
- Have affinity for working in an international environment and good command of the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Have demonstrable leadership potential and experience in the supervision of students.
Interested applicants are to fill in the application form below. The application should include:
- a detailed CV
- an application/motivation letter, emphasizing their specific interest and motivation, and
- an academic transcript of PhD and M.Sc. education.
To apply Postdoctoral Researcher on Light-Based Bioprinting, click here.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.