The Faculty of Science and the Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science (LIACS) are looking for Postdoctoral Researchers in Network Science.
Leiden University is seeking an enthusiastic and well-qualified postdoctoral researcher in network science, a field also referred to as complex networks or social network analysis. Unique about this 3-year position, is that there is no specific application area or granted project underlying this position. Instead, candidates are expected to bring a strong interest and experience in the methods and/or algorithms in network science.
This means that the candidate can, to a large extent, freely determine the scope of research for this 3-year position, as long as it falls within the scope of network science research. Candidates with an interest in (applications in) social networks, economic/corporate networks, or scientific collaboration/citation networks, are particularly welcome to apply.
- Conducting research in the area of network science.
- Co-supervising BSc, MSc, and PhD students on topics related to data science and network science.
- Serving as a more senior member of the CNS research group.
- Engaging in organizing activities in the computer science institute and within the different network science initiatives in Leiden and the Netherlands.
- A salary range from € 3.226,- to € 5.090,- gross per month
- Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3%), training and career development and sabbatical leave.
- Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break and fixed compensation for relocation costs.
- A PhD in computer science or a related field (e.g., mathematics, physics, or computational social science) with a strong track record in network science (or complex networks / social network analysis).
- Excellent writing skills and proficiency in the English language are demonstrated through published first-author papers in respected and relevant conference proceedings or journals.
- Experience with programming in Python, R, and/or C++
- Able to work independently, in a team, and in a student (co-)supervisory role.
- An academic, creative and curious mindset.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- A short cover letter of at most 1 page detailing their motivation to apply for the position.
- A brief research proposal of 1 to 2 pages describing one or more network science research idea(s) they wish to work on during their appointment as postdoc.
- Names and contact details of at least two people that can be contacted for reference.
- A CV, including a working Google Scholar profile URL, listing relevant academic activities thus far.
- A recent writing example (paper or thesis) that they are proud of and that reflects their academic writing skills.
To apply for the Postdoctoral researcher position in Network Science, click here.
Deadline: Until Filled
For more information on Postdoctoral Researchers in Network Science, visit the official site.