The Princeton University calls for application from artist and writers to the Hodder Fellowship 2020
The Hodder Fellowship will be given to artists and writers of exceptional promise to pursue independent projects at Princeton University during the academic year.
Applicants are selected more “for promise than for performance.” Given the strength of the applicant pool, most successful Fellows have published the first book or have similar achievements in their own fields; the Hodder is designed to provide Fellows with the “studious leisure” to undertake significant new work.
Art, on a campus-like Princeton’s, is much more than an “outlet” for expressing what one already knows and feels, or an “escape hatch” for blowing off steam built up by more rigorous kinds of work.
Princeton classes and certificate programs in dance, creative writing, theatre, music theatre, visual arts and in the interdisciplinary Princeton Atelier operate on the principle that rigorous artistic practice is a form of research, innovation, discovery and intervention.
Rigorous artistic practice is a way of interrogating that which is accepted or understood in an attempt to break into the territory of the unknown or under-explored.
Duration: 1 year
Benefits: $84,000 for 10 months.
- Non-US citizens are welcome to apply
- Applicants should be composers, choreographers, performance artists, visual artists, writers, etc.
- Humanists who have much more than ordinary intellectual and literary gifts
- Writers and non-literary artists of exceptional promise who wish to pursue independent projects at Princeton University
- Advanced degrees preferred, although not required.
Applicants should submit the following documents;
- A curriculum vitae/ resume
- Completed electronic application
- Project proposal of 500 words explaining their artistic project and what they plan to do during the fellowship’s
However, the Hodder application requires that applicants upload contact information for three recommenders.
Deadline: September 15, 2020
For more information, visit the official site.