The Professional Doctorate in Engineering (PDEng) program Robotics is offering a 2-year position combining post-MSc education and a design project to be carried out at Voortman Steel Machinery (VSM) in Rissen.
The educational program, carried out at the University of Twente, will have an in-depth and broadening character with ample attention for professional development and will be partly tailored to the design project. In collaboration with Voortman Steel Machinery, you will work on high level, creative new designs for complex issues.
The main goal of this PDEng project is to design and validate generic models for the estimation, planning, and determination of steel connections for a steel structure.
To do so the following tasks have been designed:
- Define/develop the knowledge model that allows for the automated generation of steel structures. Implement a proof of principle version of that knowledge model (in 3D CAD software) to allow for the automatic generation of (variants of) those structures.
- Select the best connections within those structures based on costs, available welder qualifications, weld-shop planning, CNC machinery availability. Machine learning may be used in order to provide a general solution that will adapt to the different customers’ typology
- Re-engineer existing steel connections in such a way that they are suitable for automatic welding
- In collaboration with the VSM robotic team, develop technology and functionality to extend the current portfolio of steel connection types suitable for automatic welding.
- A gross monthly salary of € 1.970;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- A solid pension scheme.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- an MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Design Engineering, or a related robot-technical discipline.
- Skilled in programming and have experience with production techniques;
- Proven affinity with design and multidisciplinary assignments;
- Self-starting and self-motivating, willing to take initiatives and feel the responsibility for your own project.
Interested applicants should send the following documents along with their application before the deadline.
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation
- List with grades of courses attended
- References and, if applicable, a list of publications.
Application Deadline: February 7, 2021
For more information visit the official site.