The Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences (BMS) at the University of Twente is looking for a project manager to work on the KWF (Dutch Cancer Foundation) project “A mobile game to help youth quit smoking in a social peer context.”
This project aims to further develop and test a mobile game (HitnRun) to support smoking cessation in adolescents and young adults (aged 16-20, hereafter referred to as youth)
The game targets theoretical mechanisms of change underlying smoking behaviour (i.e., inhibitory control, future orientation, peer processes, and monitoring) and is currently being developed based on design thinking principles to amplify engagement processes. A participatory design approach is employed with smoking youth, with a cross-disciplinary design process with scientists collaborating from the outset with stakeholders and gaming industry partners. This mobile game will represent the first “smoking cessation intervention in your pocket” that can be played when feeling the urge to smoke.
In this Project Manager position for a Mobile Game to Help Youth Quit Smoking, candidates will
- Coordinate the project for a year (between April 2023-April 2024). This will entail activities like
- being the contact person for all collaborators and partners in this project;
- setting up and preparing project meetings;
- assisting with the ethical application;
- data management;
- co-coordinate large-scale RCT, including training and supervision of a team of research assistants
- Be responsible for the management of a large-scale network of partners, such as schools, implementation partners, and other stakeholders
Duration: one year
The Project Manager position for a Mobile Game to Help Youth Quit Smoking offers:
- A gross salary: ranging from € 3.974,- to € 5.439,- per month,
- plus holiday allowance (8%) and end-of-year bonus (8.3%)
- Excellent facilities for professional and personal development
- A flexible project management position with the option to work from home, at the University of Twente and/or at the Radboud University.
- A green campus with lots of sports facilities and an international scientific community
They faculty seek candidates who:
- Are highly motivated, positive and, independent project managers and researchers with a PhD degree in psychology, behavioural sciences, health sciences, communication science, pedagogical and educational sciences, or any related discipline
- Have demonstrable interest and/or experience in research project management tasks, such as coordinating large scale projects, managing network of stakeholders, handling of ethics and data management procedures, etc
- Have demonstrable interest and/or experience in interdisciplinary collaboration between science, design, and end-users
- Like to think creatively and out-of-the-box
- Have good team spirit, excellent organizational skills and an interdisciplinary attitude
- Have excellent social and communicative skills, both within academia and in relation to societal partners
- Like to work in an internationally oriented environment where many cultures meet
- Have excellent written and spoken proficiency in Dutch and English
- Have interest and/or experience with intervention research or related areas
- Experience with and positive attitude towards open and transparent science principles
Interested applicants are to send their application via the apply button below and include the following:
- a motivation letter, emphasizing their specific interest, qualifications, and motivation to apply for this position
- a detailed resume including the contact details of (preferably) two or more references
To apply for the Project Manager position for a mobile game to help youth quit smoking, click here.
Deadline: February 24, 2023.
For more information, visit the official site.